Girl dies after falling in hot curry cauldron

An eight-year-old girl student of a tribal residential school died of burn injuries on Sunday after she fell into a hot curry cauldron.

Banita Kahnhar, a Class III student of Sevashram School run by Odisha government at Girish Chandrapur village, accidentally fell into the cauldron when the students were jostling to get egg curry while the mid day meal was being served in the school, they said.

The girl was first taken to VSS Medical College Hospital at Burla and then shifted to the SCB Medical College Hospital at Cuttack on Saturday evening. After battling for life in the surgery ward of the hospital, Banita died on Sunday, said hospital emergency officer B.N. Maharana.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *